Bible Correspondence Fellowship
Interactive Bible Lessons
Introductory Bible Course
The following Bible lesson is designed to introduce you to some foundational information about God's Word and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Click on the correct answer for the multiple choice and true or false questions. For some questions clicking on the button will reveal the answer.
In some cases more than one answer may be true, however, the correct answer is based upon the Bible verse at the beginning of the question. By clicking on the linked Bible references you can read the verses associated with each lesson.
There is one question in this lesson in which the answer revealed in the lesson is not the correct answer based on the verse. If you find that question and inform us of which one it is we would like to mail you a gift to show our appreciation for taking the time to do this lesson. Simply e-mail us at email@example.com and mention the section and question number along with a mailing address to receive our free offer.
(Note: At this time the buttons on this page work only when viewed through Microsoft Internet Explorer. We are working on a Netscape Navigator compatible page.)
Enjoy your study of God's Word!!
1. (John 6:67-69) Who was Jesus according to Peter in verse 69?
A good man
The Son of the Living God
2. (John 1:29) What was Jesus called?
Lamb of God
Son of man
In Old Testament times God required that a lamb without spot or blemish be sacrificed to make atonement for the sins of the people. This was a type, or symbol, of the true Lamb of God (Jesus Christ) who came as a sinless substitute to die for our sins.
3. (John 3:16) What did God do because of his great love for mankind?
Condemned mankind to perish
Gave his only Son
Destroyed the world
4. (John 3:16) What things are said about anyone who believes in Godís Son?
He will live a perfect life
He will not perish but have everlasting life
He will pray everyday
5. (John 3:18) What is said about someone who does not believe in Godís Son?
He is condemned Already
He can work his way to heaven
He will have eternal life anyway
6. (John 1:10-11) Did the world know Christ and receive him?
7. (John 5:23) He who does not honor the Son of God does not honor whom?
The Holy Spirit
8. (John 1:12) What do we become if we receive Christ and believe in his name?
A good person
Children of God
A member of a denomination
9. (John 4:42) What did those who believe call Christ?
Savior of the world
A religious leader
10. (John 6:37) What did Jesus say about anyone who would come to him?
He would not listen to them
He would promise to heal them
He will never cast them out
If you were to say to God, "Dear God, I am a sinner and condemned,
I believe that Christ died and rose again
for my sins. I accept your offer of forgiveness and now trust Christ as my Savior" will he forgive you your sins and save you?
11. (John 5:24) What does the believer possess?
The possibility of salvation
12. (John 14:6) Which of the following names did Jesus not use to describe himself?
A pathway to enlightenment
"There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all ..." (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
13. (John 19:18) In what manner was Jesus put to death?
Beaten to death
14. (John 10:17-18) Was he the helpless victim of those who hated him, or did he willingly give his life to save others?
He gave his life willingly
He was a helpless victim
15. (John 15:13) Why did Jesus Christ lay down his life for us?
Because of his great love
Because he was forced to
Because he had no control of the situation
In 1 Peter 3:18 we read, "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous to bring you to God."
16. (John 5:24) The one who hears and believes shall not come into ___________, but is passed from death to life.
17. (John 2:19-22) Did Jesus foretell his resurrection from the dead?
18. (John 11:25) Which of the two following things did Jesus call himself himself in John 11:25?
Lamb of God
The scriptures foretold the suffering and death of Christ, but they also foretold that he would rise from the dead. By his resurrection he conquered (defeated) death. All who believe are saved from spiritual death and have eternal life in him.
19. (John 20:25 and 20:29) The disciples were eyewitnesses that Christ was now alive. What did Jesussay about those who have not seen and yet believe?
They are saved by doing good works
They are Blessed
They will die without hope
20. (John 20:31) Why did John write and record the things in this book?
That people would not forget about Jesus
That we could be comforted by the stories
That we may believe that Jesus is the Christ
21. (Romans 6:23) Is eternal life a free gift, or is it something one can work for and earn?
Something we work for
POINT TO PONDER
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
Have you received this gift?
MEMORY VERSE FOR SECTION ONE IS JOHN 3:16
This section sets forth the basics of the Gospel (good news) of the Grace of God, presenting the plan of salvation.
1. (Romans 3:10-11) Which of the following is not a way in which mankind is described in these verses.
No one is righteous
No one understands
Able to save himself
No one seeks God
2. (Romans 3:14-18) Click on the buttons to find out what further things are said of manís condition?
(1) in verse 14
(2) in verse 15
(3) in verse 16
(4) in verse 18
3. (Romans 3:19) God gave the Law so that the entire world would ...
be able to work to save themselves.
become guilty before God.
feel confident in their good works.
4. (Romans 3:20) By the law we are made conscious of what?
all we can do if we try hard enough.
what God expected of people in the past.
5. (Romans 3:23) What does God say about everyone?
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
We can save ourselves.
We are all essentially good people.
6. (Romans 5:8) What did God demonstrate to us?
His Love for us
7. (Romans 5:10) We were Godís enemies but we may be reconciled to God. How is this accomplished?
By letting us try to work for our salvation
By forgetting about our sin
Through the death of his son
Note: Reconcile describes the purpose of Christís death on the cross. The natural man is opposed to God, and separate from him. Christís death on the cross was the supreme sacrifice. It reconciled us to God, making us acceptable to him. When we accept Christ as our savior, we are no longer tarnished with sin but washed clean by the blood of Christ. We are now members of the Body of Christ.
8. (Romans 6:23) What are the wages of sin? What is the gift of God? Through whom does this gift come?
9. (1 Timothy 1:15) What is the faithful saying in this verse?
God would never send a person to Hell
Christ came into the world to save sinners
We can earn our salvation
10. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) These verses give us the basic truths of the gospel that Paul preached. Which of the following summarizes what Paul said?
Christ's good life is an example for us to follow
Christ died for our sins , was buried but rose on the third day
Jesus pointed us to God by telling us to do good deeds
11. (2 Thessalonians 1:7) Upon whom will vengeance and judgment come?
Those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel
Satan and his angels
Anyone that does not belong to a church
12. (2 Thessalonians 1:9) What is the penalty?
Punishment - Everlasting Destruction
13. (Revelation 20:15) What is the final judgment of those who reject Christ?
They die and cease to exist
The lake of fire
They must live on earth and not go to heaven
14. In question eight we saw that eternal life is a gift of God. This agrees with the first part of Ephesians 2:8 that says,
It is by grace you are saved through faith
Eternal life is by works
Salvation is something we can never be sure of
15. (Ephesians 2:8-9) We are saved by grace, and it is through
16. (Romans 5:1) If you have believed in Christ, what do you now have?
peace with God
the possibility of eternal life
17. (Romans 8:35-39) What can separate us from Christís love?
18. (Romans 10:13) What promise did God make to us?
No problems in our life
Every who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved
19. (1 Timothy 2:5) Who is the only mediator between God and men?
The Virgin Mary
20. (1 Timothy 2:6) What did the Lord Jesus do for all?
Gave himself as a ransom
Lived a life which should be our example
Healed peoples' diseases
MEMORY VERSE FOR SECTION TWO IS ROMANS 5:8
In section two we had many Bible verses concerning Godís plan of salvation. After we have received Christ as Savior, we need to know the blessings and privileges we now have as sons in the family of God.
1. (John 1:12) Those who receive Christ are given the power (authority) to become
Children of God
2. (John 3:3) What must happen for a person to enter the Kingdom of God.
He must be born again
Obey the Ten Commandments
Join a church
In John 3:5-8 everyone who is born again is born of the ____________.
sign of Pisces
3. (Galatians 4:6) What has God done because we are sons?
Listened to our prayer
Caused us to suffer
Sent his Spirit
4. (Romans 8:16) The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are ________________.
Going to be punished in Hell.
5. (Ephesians 4:30) What has God done to assure us that we belong to him?
Sealed us until the day of redemption
Sent modern day prophets to preach.
Given us miraculous signs from heaven.
6. (Ephesians 1:6) We read that we are accepted in the beloved (that is, Christ, the beloved Son of God). In verse seven what two things do we also have because we are in Christ?
7. (Ephesians 2:19) To what group of people does the believer belong?
8. (1 Corinthians 6:11) What three things has God done for the Christians?
(1) (2) ( 3)
Note: The word sanctified means "set apart to God," or "set apart for Godís use." So in this verse we are cleansed of sin and set apart to God, or sanctified. One who is sanctified is called "a saint." In the Bible all believers are called "saints."
9. (Hebrews 10:10) How does God sanctify us?
By the sacrifice (offering) of the body of Jesus Christ once for all
When we are baptized in water.
When we have done enough good works to deserve it.
10. (1 Corinthians 6:11) Here we find the word justified, to declare just, or righteous before God. According to Romans 3:24, how are we justified?
By doing religious works
Freely by his grace
By praying fervently
11. (Romans 3:28) We are justified by faith without (apart from) _________________.
Observing the Law.
Faith in Christ
Reading the Bible
12. (Romans 4:5) What words show that we cannot be justified by works?
13. (Romans 4:3) Why was Abraham counted righteous (justified)?
He was born in the right family
He did many good deeds
He believed God
14. (Romans 8:1) What does this verse say about those that are in Christ Jesus?
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
They have no hope of eternal life
They will never know if they will go to heaven
15. (Romans 8:2) The Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from Law of _________ and Death.
16. (John 5:24) The believer shall not come into ___________________, but is passed from
death unto life
17. (Romans 8:35, 38-39) We read that all the things mentioned cannot separate us from what?
The worries of this world
Our family and friends
The love of Christ
18. (1 Corinthians 6:19) We have seen before that the Holy Spirit lives in each believer. Therefore, your body is _________________________.
the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
yours to do with as you please.
not important to God.
19. (1 Corinthians 6:20) We should glorify God in our bodies and spirits because we ______________.
are bought at a price.
believe it is a good thing to do.
20. (1 Peter 1:18-19) What was the price paid for our souls?
The precious blood of Jesus
Silver and Gold
The wealth of many nations
Redeemed - how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever I am.
Fanny J. Crosby
MEMORY VERSE FOR SECTION THREE IS ROMANS 8:1
This section has many references about the Bible, why it is true, and why it is important for us to know what it says. The Bible is called "the Word of God," and is also referred to as "the Scriptures."
1. (John 17:17) What did Jesus say about Godís word?
God's word is a collection of interesting stories
God's word is not for everyone to read
God's Word is truth
2. (John 10:35) The Lord also affirmed that there is absolutely no error in the Bible by saying, ".... the scripture..."
cannot be broken.
is very interesting .
will last forever.
3. (1 Thessalonians 2:13) These believers heard Paul preach, and how did they receive the word?
They did not pay attention to it
Not as the word of man, but actually the Word of God
They did not believe it .
4. (Romans 10:17) In order to have faith what must we hear?
A sermon from a preacher
An inner voice that directs us
The Word of God
5. (1 Peter 1:23) We are __________________ by the incorruptible word of God.
Inspired to live a good life
6. (1 Peter 1:25) The word of the Lord ...
is sharper than a sword.
is a pathway to happiness.
7. (1 Peter 2:2) What should we desire in order to grow in spiritual knowledge?
A mystical experience
Pure spiritual milk of the word
A good spiritual teacher
8. (Acts 17:11) Those to whom Paul was preaching received the word with readiness of mind. Theythen did what?
They examined the scripture to see if what Paul said was true.
They ignored what he said to them,
They listened but put nothing in to practice.
9. (Acts 20:32) What is able to build us up in our spiritual knowledge?
The word of his grace
Attending church or Sunday school
10. (2 Timothy 3:15) The Holy Scriptures are able to make us ...
more interesting people.
desire to know more about what God has done.
wise unto salvation.
11. (2 Timothy 3:16) We know that God caused men to write the exact words He wanted written because the first part of this verse says...
All scripture was translated from other languages.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God.
All scripture is to be read every day.
12. (2 Timothy 3:16) The same verse lists four things for which the scripture is profitable:
13. (2 Peter 1:21) How does this verse show that the Holy Scriptures are from God?
Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
People with special knowledge wrote down what they thought.
Some people felt that these words were very special.
14. (Ephesians 6:17) What is the Word of God called?
Words of wisdom and inspiration
The truth for today
The sword of the Spirit
15. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) The apostle Paul often quoted the scriptures to ensure the truth of the gospel he preached. What three things did he say happened "according to the scriptures"?
16. (Romans 4:3) Here is a quote from the Old Testament scriptures. Why was Abraham counted righteous?
He did many good deeds.
He believed God.
He never killed anyone.
17. (Ephesians 1:13) This verse says when you have heard the word of truth and believed, you are what?
Sealed by the Holy Spirit
Motivated to try to earn your salvation
Gifted to speak in unknown tongues
18. (Romans 15:4) Two reasons why the scriptures were written are:
19. In the New Testament the Word of God is given several different names. Some of these are:
(1) Philippians 2:16 Word of
(2) Acts 13:26 Word of
(3) Colossians 3:16 Word of
(4) Romans 10:8 Word of
(5) 2 Corinthians 5:19 Word of
Have you invited Christ into your life to be your Savior?
Based on God's Word, which of the following can give you eternal life:
(1) Church membership
(3) Keeping the Ten Commandments
(4) Doing good works
(5) Christ alone
MEMORY VERSE FOR SECTION FOUR IS PSALM 119:11
In the previous sections we considered Bible verses that taught us about salvation, the Word of God, and our position as justified, sanctified sons of God. This section is largely concerned with our Christian life and walk. God has made provision for us to live in His will and have victory over sin.
Two important facts that every Christian must know are:
(1) Since he is born of the Spirit he now has a new nature, and
(2) This new nature is in conflict with the old nature, often referred to as "the flesh."
1. (Romans 7:18) What did Paul say about the flesh?
It has the power to justify itself.
Nothing good lives in me.
It has no power to cause me to disobey God.
2. (Romans 8:7) What two things are said about the carnal (fleshly) mind?
3. (2 Corinthians 5:17) The new nature is sometimes referred to as "a new creation." What is the result of being a new creation (creature) in Christ?
Everything is the same as before you knew Christ.
The old is gone; the new is come.
Satan can no longer tempt us.
4. (Galatians 2:20) The new man is Christ living in the believer. As Paul said, "...Christ lives in me."
(1 John 4:4) This enables us to overcome the old nature because ". . . greater is...
Jesus than the angels."
He that is in you than he that is in the world."
the spirit than the flesh."
5. (Ephesians 4:24) What is said of this new creation (new man)?
Created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Created to make us feel happy and satisfied with ourselves.
Created to have immortal bodies that will not experience suffering.
6. (Ephesians 4:25-31) Since we are a new creation in Christ, we are told some things we should not do. What are they?
(1) (verse 25)
(2) (verse 28)
(3) (verse 29)
(4) (verse 30)
(5) (verse 31)
7. (Romans 12:2) It is Godís desire that we not be conformed to this evil world, but that we should...
go to church every day and pray special prayers.
be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
eat special foods and obey special laws to prove we are Christians.
8. (Titus 2:11-12) What does verse 12 teach us concerning how we should live?
Say no to ungodliness and worldly passions
live anyway we wish.
pay no attention to the things we do.
9. (Galatians 5:19-23) This passage contrasts the work of the flesh with the work of the Holy Spirit in us. List nine things that are the fruit of the Spirit (verses 22-23):
10. (Galatians 5:14) Read John 15:14, Romans 12:10, they speak of the importance of loving your neighbor. Why is love so important (based on Galatians 5:14)?
Love makes us feel good inside.
Love makes the world go around.
If you love with the love of Jesus you will fulfill all the Law
11. Many times the Christianís life, or moral conduct, is called his "walk". In the following verses how are we supposed to walk (live)?
(2 Corinthians 5:7)
12. (Galatians 5:16) If we walk in the Spirit, what is the result?
We will wish we could be acting differently.
We will not gratify the lusts of the flesh.
We will never again do anything wrong.
13. (Ephesians 6:10) Where will we get strength for the warfare against sin and Satan?
from our own strength and power
from the Lord
from meditation and yoga
14. (Colossians 3:17) What does this verse say about whatever we do?
do it in the name of the Lord
don't do things we do not want to do
do things to help other people
15. (Colossians 3:22-24) The apostle Paul describes Godís will for servants (employees). In verse 23 what should be our attitude in our work?
grudgingly do what we are told to do
do it heartily as unto the Lord
do only things you really want to do
16. (Colossians 4:2) What does this verse tell us about prayer?
We may pray only when we are in a church.
Prayers for physical healing are always answered.
We should continue in prayer
17. (1 Thessalonians 4:3) What is Godís will concerning our moral life?
We should avoid sexual immorality (fornication)
We may live in any way we like.
Christians are to never marry.
18. (Romans 12:19) Why should we not avenge ourselves (seek revenge)?
We might be beaten up or defeated if we try.
Nothing we do will reverse a situation.
Vengeance belongs to the lord
19. (2 Corinthians 6:14) Oxen are yoked (harnessed) together so they can work as a team. Why are we not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers?
Unbelievers will not allow us to give money to a church.
They may steal from us.
Righteous and wickedness have nothing in common and cannot work together.
20. (2 Corinthians 5:20) Because God has reconciled us through Christ, we desire that others be reconciled to Him. Therefore we are called...
This is the end of the Introductory Bible Study
Click here to return to the PMA Home Page
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
Click the back arrow to return to the questions.
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world
knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 19:18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might
take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I
will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that
believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
John 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 3:10 As
it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that
Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be
revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
2 Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Ephesians 2:8 For
by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is
the gift of God
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1 Timothy 2:5 For
there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of
water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Ephesians 1:6 To
the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Romans 8:1 There
is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk
not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost
is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things,
silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
1 Peter 1:23 Being
born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God,
which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 ∂ For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Acts 17:11 These [Berean] were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able
to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Romans 10: 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind
is enmity against God: for it is not subject
to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Ephesians 4:24 And
that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight:
Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things
your masters according to the flesh;
not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: